So, this recipe is AMAZING! My main rationale for trying any recipe I find is “do I think the flavours sound yum”. And I could imagine with 99% certainty that this would be a winner. I encourage everyone to try new recipes and to play with flavour – after all, that is what food should be – a joy to eat and healthy for the body as well. I am always discouraged when people think healthy food is boring. This tasty little salad can be kept as a vegetarian option and if you want to add additional meat (chicken/steak/fish etc) you can do that as well. This recipe is from inspiration from the Fresh Living Magazine (free to Smart Shoppers at Pick n Pay).
Hope you love it as much as I do!
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4cm knob ginger
- 2-3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 4 small courgettes (or zucchini)
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- Handful of baby spinach
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and fry the ginger and garlic with the curry powder and water until fragrant. Then set aside to cool
- Meanwhile, slice the courgettes finely and place into a bowl with the drained chickpeas and spinach.
- Once the curry “paste” is cooled then add into the yoghurt and mix well. Then pour the curried yoghurt mixture over the courgettes, baby spinach and chickpeas and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy for lunch.
Note: Do not cook the courgettes.